Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Memories of June 2009


We have made some great memories this summer. To start off when we got here we went to my Grandparents 70th wedding anniversary - a lot of people don't live to be 70 but they have been happily married for that long and they look great. They held the celebration in their back yard which looked incredible. Grandpa works on it non-stop and it always looks like you could set their home in the middle of Temple Square and it would fit right in. Anyway we had a great time in Vernal seeing a lot of relatives that the last time they saw me I was probably waddling around in a diaper. I have great Grandparents that have always been so loving so kind and so giving - I always knew that they would be there for me and for everyone. I love them both so much and hope that we have many many more years for many many more memories.

My kids and I then went up to my most favorite place on earth - the cabin where we were put to work by Grandpa. The kids loved it and so many memories were made. We stacked a lot of firewood and watched Grandpa risk his life painting the shutters with the utmost patience - to those who need any painting done my dad is your man - he loves to paint. Ha Ha!


















We then got ready for Ash and Kenji's wedding which was beautiful and perfect. I am so happy for them and I love to see Ash have a light to her that I have never seen until now since she found her "true companion". Thanks Kenji for the happiness you have brought to her, your new children and our family - we love you like you have always been apart of our clan - now you are stuck and we can begin the slow poisoning as you begin to learn about "anti- nephi-lehi nerdfelders, the Gull Olympics, late night ice cream binges, the "little white pill", Chetty and are inability to keep our stinkers to ourselves -although I believe Ash quickly introduced you to that - she has always been good like that. Anyway welcome to our family Kenji, you didn't have to but you did - thank you for loving my sister and the kids like they are your very own. Now that I have sucked up come visit us in Tennessee! So here are some pictures of the beautiful couple and also the whole family. Ash you looked more beautiful than I ever thought anyone could.
I can't go without bragging though about how absolutely adorable my kids looked. Kelsey got them ready and when I saw them they took my breath away. Thanks Kelsey for the time you took to make them look so great and for making the day a whole lot easier than it could have been and also a huge thankyou to Grandma and Grandpa Galan who brought them down in the morning and stayed around while I helped with the wedding stuff. Thanks so much! So here are my cute kidlets.




















After the wedding was over we could breathe again and so we went back up to the cabin for a few days. The kids played non-stop outside, they found their own secret fort that had a fire place, a bedroom, kitchen and even a bathroom that they actually used.


We are now at Priscilla and Steve's beautiful new home getting ready to make more memories at Camp Pendleton!!!! More to come!

4 comments:

amelia morrison said...

Deirdre,
you are such a WONDER WOMAN! Doing SO MUCH and all alone. No wonder Paul picked you. We had so much fun with you @ "stadium of fire" and at Camp Pendleton. Please tell you parents that I said thanks for watching the furry ones so that you could come. We truly Love you and the kids.

{leah} said...

Your kids look so grown up! Ethan is going to get cuter and cuter as he gets older. I remember him being a toddler and catching bugs on our walks. And Sam is beautiful!

The Galan Family said...

Your kids DID look so beautiful for the wedding. Way to go Kelsey! It was so great to see you guys at the beach. Wish we could have had more time to visit. Remember you guys are always welcome to come to GA for a visit. Not too much more time till you get to see Paul! You are awesome. Hang in there.

Carissa said...

Oooh, all your kids look SO gorgeous all dressed up that way! Hope you guys are doing well.