Thursday, July 30, 2009

Home Again Home again jiggidy jig!

We are home again and I had forgotten how much I love my bed! I loved being with family this summer but I love coming home too. We had an awesome summer, busy the whole entire time, playing playing playing for the kids,and me playing then napping then playing then napping. Camp Pendleton was a blast. The kids loved being with all of their cousins and eating Grandma's delicious cooking. When you camp you normally think - easy meals like oatmeal, sandwiches, throw in a couple of McDonalds trips and smores but not with Elida Galan. We come back from camping with her having gained 5 pounds from all of the gourmet food she cooks. She and Pete are amazing everything always turns out so great. The best part though about Camp Pendleton is that Emily decided that she is over diapers!!! So exciting - although when you are potty training you want to have a toilet like in the next room not one that is a 1/4 mile down the beach. So needless to say I put in a lot of miles during that week. Emily is so funny though because now her conversation starter is, "Hey I go poopy and pee-pee in the potty and get candy and big girl panties." She is very proud of herself and I am soooooooooooo excited to not ever have to buy diapers again! Here I was thinking that Emily was going to be going to Kindergarten in diapers. Yeah!

1 comment:

Irishmum said...

This is your last input, it has been over a year! I miss them and pictures.