Sunday, May 24, 2009

Vincent's New Look


So we are leaving for Utah this week and I wanted to get haircuts for the dogs. Nala got a trim awhile ago but Vincent I always am hesitant about because his fur is so pretty. But I figure if I am going to be living with other people all summer I don't want to add to their pain with spreading Vincent fur all over because he is the type of dog that lays down and when he gets up there is an impression made of fur left behind only to clog up the heaviest vacuum. So I took him for a fur cut or whatever they call it. Anyway when the lady asked what I wanted I told her, to be fair, "to go to town," and go to town she did. Poor dog, his manhood or lack thereof is completely on display. She shaved him almost to the skin including his tail accept for the very end of it where she left a tuft. When he came home at first he pranced around like he was on parade, although with the new "furdoo" a rainbow collar would probably have been very appropriate. Poor Vinny now the girl dogs really stay away.

5 comments:

Carissa said...

Hi Deirdrie! I'm glad you have a blog. I've been wondering what you guys have been up to! Keep in touch.

Steve and Katie said...

Oh! He looks handsome though. So how long will you be in Utah? Do we get to see you?

Unknown said...

How in the world is he going to keep the bears away at the cabin looking like that?

The Galan Family said...

Yeah! I am happy you switched over to blogger. I could never figure out how to leave comments on your posts. I am so glad that you guys are going to Camp Pendleton this year. Can't wait to see you and the kids. It's going to be fun. Vincent looks so funny. Poor dog. He looks a little bit ashamed of his new cut. Good luck driving to Utah and be safe. We will see you guys soon.

{leah} said...

Poor thing looks so funny... Captain has had the same do before too... and look just as funny.

Drive safe!!